Probably. Buying/Selling a home is a major event with significant financial and tax considerations. A good Real Estate Attorney will be able to give you critical advice about appropriate contingency clauses, title restrictions and tax consequences of your transaction. (We’ve highlighted Real Estate because you want an attorney who is experienced and current in this area.) The person who wrote your will or handled a “slip and fall” case is probably not the right person to advise you on real estate! Finding an attorney should not be difficult. Ask for recommendations from Realtors, an experienced loan officer or a title company. You can also call the Washtenaw County Bar Association referral line at (734) 996-3229.