Join the team that protects the American Dream! Title Insurance Professionals make sure the home you buy can’t be claimed by someone else. Liberty Title is an industry leader that has been protecting the dream of homeownership since 1974. Empowered colleagues and an environment that encourages collaboration, initiative, and the freedom to think outside of the box, has earned Liberty Title the honor of being named a Detroit Free Press Top 100 Workplace nine years in a row.
Are you a result-oriented problem solver that takes pride in creating a quality product? Are you patient as well as attentive to details and follow through? If this describes you, we have the ideal position available on our growing Metro-Detroit Commercial Team.
The Commercial Escrow Officer effectively manages complex commercial real estate transactions for issuing a wide variety of title insurance products and related endorsements. Combining both settlement and underwriting knowledge, the Commercial Escrow Officer exercises independent judgement, knowledge, and experience necessary to efficiently handle situations which may arise during the escrow and settlement process.
Major Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for maintaining professional relationships with existing customers
- Familiarity with all legal, title, and escrow requirements associated with a wide variety of size of commercial transactions
- Develops and/or obtains the appropriate escrow documentation in order to prepare settlement statements and/or real estate documents for closing
- Conduct closing with customer, realtor, lender, and attorneys
- Collection and disbursement of funds at the closing table for all types of purchase and refinance transactions
- Prepare Final Policies
- Disburse closed files, receipting incoming funds, cutting checks, re-balancing file if necessary, scanning to paperless document repository, and processing documents for recording
- Provides a high level of customer service and develops ongoing referrals from existing customers
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Experience with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the escrow/title industry field
- Working knowledge of ALTA survey
- Excellent client relations and organizational skills
- Strong communication, both verbal and written
- The ability to function as a team player in a fast paced environment
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
- Use Information Technology to save time
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Candidate will need to obtain Michigan Resident Producer License within 3 months of hire date
Liberty Title offers a work environment that provides the freedom to think outside of the box and encourages collaboration and initiative. Our salaries are competitive and we offer an extensive benefit package including:
- Health, dental, and vision – all effective on the first day of employment
- Long-term disability and voluntary short-term disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic and voluntary supplemental life insurance
- Pet Discount Program
- 401(k) retirement savings plan that includes a discretionary company match
- Generous Paid Time Off, including a Holiday Shopping Day, and a one month Sabbatical!